Hospice And Home Care
Many callers that we speak with are unaware of how Hospice and Home Care work hand in hand together providing the best comforting care solutions. Hospice is a concept that focuses on comfort rather than a cure. It's a model of care built around managing physical symptoms, such as pain, anxiety, and shortness of breath, as well as supporting the patient and their loved ones emotionally, socially and spiritually.
Hospice care is typically provided in the patient's home but also may be given in inpatient hospice facilities. Hospice care does not provide 24 hour around the clock nursing care which is where Home Care service steps in, utilizing a caregiver to assist with bathing, grooming, toilet and nutritional needs. Staying at home is what most dying patients prefer and Hospice and Home Care offers the support to help that become a reality.
The mission of hospice is to affirm life and view death as a natural process. Hospice is not designed to hasten death or "help" someone die, but rather to help patients live the remainder of their lives as fully as possible. At Easy Living our mission is to keep people safe and comfortable, assisting with personal care and homemaker duties in the familiar and comfortable surroundings of home.
Hospice utilizes a team of trained professionals who work together to deliver hospice services that can include:
A patient is ready for hospice when they have decided to pursue treatments meant only to promote comfort, not cure the illness. Hospice care is appropriate when a patient has a terminal illness with a life-expectancy of six months or less. However Hospice can also be considered when individuals have a life threatening illness or when a cure is no longer possible and treatment has slowed or stopped. Hospice services are a Medicare Part A Benefit although Medicaid and some private insurance companies also cover benefits. Live-in Home Care assistance is a good option for persons undergoing Hospice care and is a more affordable Home Care solution. Having a caregiver available in the home around the clock provides a level of protection that many patients require. Our complimentary in-home assessment will assist you in determining the type of Home Care service that will best suit your needs. Contact us anytime at 770-442-8664.
- Nursing Service - A patient is assigned a case manager nurse who typically visits 1-3 days per week. Patients have access to 24-hour on-call nurses.
- Social Services - Patients are assigned a social worker to assist with emotional and social needs.
- Counseling - This can include pastoral or spiritual support, bereavement counseling along with dietary services.
- Physician - Patients are often cared for by their regular physician in cooperation with a hospice medical director.
- Home Health Aide - A Home Health Aide is assigned to help patients with their bathing needs and typically the visits are 2-3 times per week.
- Medication - Typically Hospice covers all medications that are related to the hospice diagnosis and those that are intended to alleviate symptoms.
- Equipment - Equipment that is necessary for providing safe, comfortable care in the patents home environment is supplied by hospice.
Home Care for Atlanta Seniors | Easy Living Services